Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Living in Limbo

I got semi-fired last month...I'd been employed full-time (excellent pay, great benefits) and got knocked back to part-time (still satisfying work, but for substantially less money). Worst of all, it's possible the full-time job will come back . . . or not.  (Can you say complicated institutional politics?)

Anyway, I admitted to myself yesterday it is depressing the ... I was going to say "hell out of me" but mostly it's depressing the initiative, drive, self-discipline and all those other valuable commodities out of me.  I'll survive, but this last month hasn't been fun.  The next one doesn't look promising.

Thanks for listening to me whine.  Grading papers is waiting for me.

5 comments:

  1. Whine all you want. You are still amazing, no matter what your job situation. Grading is probably its own depression, and you've got post-wedding letdown, too. It will get better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and p.s. it made my dad to see "cheery-o" pop up on my blogroll. just so you know.

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear/read this. Whine all you want, that is what we are here for. And I echo Barb, it was good to see "Cheery-O" in bold in by Blog Feed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt better almost immediately - whining is good for the soul. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete